Radon Mitigation and Testing Pricing
Mitigation Pricing Varies
Radon mitigation pricing is dependent on a few factors. Most important is the presence of a basement and/or a crawlspace. If there is a basement and/or a crawlspace, what is the floor material – poured concrete vs. dirt vs. stone. If there is no basement in the home, is there attic access? Is there enough room in the utility closet for a suction point?
Call today to set up your free estimate, every job is different but the end result is the same.
Set Up Your Free Radon Mitigation Pricing Estimate
Radon TestingShort Term and Long Term Testing
- Short Term Testing
- 48 hour test
- Short Term Testing is the most common, generally used in real estate transactions.
- Long Term Testing
- Minimum 91 days
- Long Term Testing is most useful if your short term test results on very close to the EPA Action Level 4.0 pCi/L.
Radon MitigationNew System Installation
- Radon mitigation pricing ranges from $750-$2700 based on the complexity of the system required. Most systems are in the lower end of this range and generally under $1,000. Factors affecting price include:
- Presence of sump pump
- Presence of drain tile
- Crawlspace (Y/N)
- Overall size of the basement/crawlspace/slab
- Soil material beneath basement/crawlspace/slab
- Upgrades Chosen
Whether you have a newer home with a basement and a sump pump, or you’ve got an 1800’s farmhouse, or a 1950’s ranch with no basement, radon gas does not discriminate. All 3 homes have an equal probability of high radon levels in Western New York. Our geography has landed us in the US EPA Zone 1 for radon, the highest likelihood for elevated presence of radon.
With Niagara and Erie Counties both being at high risk for elevated radon levels, the first thing you should do is get your home tested. Radon gas is colorless and odorless, a certified radon measurement specialist from SM Radon will ensure accurate testing and explain clearly your path moving forward should your levels come back elevated.